Surrey Reuse Network (SRN) was established in 2011. SRN is a membership organisation and has 5 member furniture reuse organisations.
SRN’s purpose is to encourage and facilitate collaboration between its members and to work together on joint marketing, training and liaison with the local authorities and waste contractors.
SRN and its member charities have two main objectives:
- The relief of financial hardship through:
- The supply of donated furniture and other household items to those in a vulnerable situation or on benefits.
- Provision of work placements and training opportunities for long term unemployed and other disadvantaged groups
- The protection and preservation of the environment by:
- Reducing the amount of domestic material going to landfill through the reuse and repair of donated items
- Increasing public awareness about waste minimisation
SRN members are listed on the right of this page.